Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Grinch...

I've been much too tolerant of those "who-venile" delinquents and their innocent, victimless pranks.  This is the form of communication at the Park Nest during the Christmas season.  I swear The Grinch is on a continuous loop on the TV.  If you've asked a question...chances are you'll get your answer back in the form of a Grinch quote.  Alright...alright it's probably my fault.  When I was pregnant with Thomas 9 years ago we saw it in the theater 3 times.  We loved it.  And every year since it's release on DVD, it's been watched several times.  I promise during Christmas we really do focus on the true meaning...but some how intermingled with our celebrating...The Grinch has become a tradition around these parts.  "What is the deal"...does anyone else have this problem?


"Are you having a holly, jolly Christmas?"
I'm just sayin'....

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha ha Jen! We love this movie ( although the first time we watched it kylie was scared of the Grinch) It is something we continually watch and laugh at the hoo's! ( My mom does a great impression of them )
    I think although at the begining how the Grinch dislikes Christmas the Ending is so good. I think after all it does have a great story! :)

    The Hoo-va-lation is my favorite part! ha ha ha ha
    I tell my mom she is like Martha-Mae-hoo-v-a :) because especially this year we r like in decorating competition. And I'm like Betty!

    "This year I'm gonna beat that lil Martha-mae-hoo-v-a!!
    ha ha ha aha

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know we are the same way. I feel like I'm living two different holidays. The spiritual side (where I cry at the mere mention of The Savior) and all the Christmas comedy movies. It's a constant movie line here too.
    *The Grinch
    *Elf
    *Christmas Vacation
    *A Christmas Story
    and then there are the more meaningful ones:
    *It's a Wonderful life
    *Little Women (which my family insists IS a Christmas movie, but I can watch it year-round)
    I just LOVE Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete