Saturday, December 18, 2010

Deck the halls with bows...free from Lowe's

One of my favorite ways to bring nature inside the house during the holidays is to use fresh greens.  It can be evergreens or magnolia or seeded eucalyptus, really anything that tickles your fancy.  This year with things being a bit tight I thought that I might skip the evergreens altogether.  When low and behold I saw a box outside of Lowe's white Christmas tree tent that said free...free is music to my ears...I love free.  Apparently they do this every year with the left over branches trimmed from their trees.  It's first come first served.  I must have been living under a rock because everyone knew about this except for me!  Here is what I did with my free branches...

pot rack

bedroom armoire
 birdhouse
on lanai
around entry
Yes the last two pics are mostly artificial branches but I through in a few sprigs to give it some pine fragrance.  It smells wonderful inside and out!

3 comments:

  1. that is amazing! I'll have to check here to see if they do the discarded branches as well. Although, I can guarantee there will be heavy competition.
    It adds so much. Very beautiful!! And may last longer than cedar. Cedar dries so fast. My stocking garland will be lucky to make it another week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! It sure adds a lot to the holiday feel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I wish I had just a wee bit of your talent! You remind me of one of my friends from Georgia who now lives in Texas. Check out her new blog: www.avintagevineonline.com

    ReplyDelete