Friday, November 19, 2010

repurposing project...

The wall in Mikes office has been bare for the last eight years, so I thought I would change that.  Oh and I'm saving all my pennies for Christmas, so I'm going to have to do it for nothing!  Lucky for me I have a lot of junk/treasure in my garage, ok so it's mostly garbage, but armed with old crappy paint and stain there isn't anything that can't be accomplished!


Mirror frame w/broken glass removed.
Added Bead board in place of glass.
Stained the bead board.
OK...so I forgot to take pictures of the painting and staining process.  The paint on layer one is the office wall color *Benjamin Moore...Nautical Gray.  Then I added some old *milk paint that was a basil color.  The last step to this painting cocktail was dry brushing *Minwax Gel Stain in Walnut.  And finally I added *chicken wire that was spay painted with mate black.  I tend to get a little task oriented at the end of my projects, because I'm so dang excited to have an idea translate into something beautiful and functional!  Mike always has odds and ends left over from jobs that also accumulate in our garage...so my supplies cost zero.  I'm so proud of myself!
I borrowed the urn pictures from my boys room and the oils from the hall.  The only thing that I actually purchased was the clock.  I'd been looking for a clock on ebay and won this little beauty for 36.00 dollars!  She doesn't work but she's the right size and color and I love her face.
Repurposing  junk into a useful tag board make me smile.  Now all I've got to do is figure out what I'm going to replace the urn pics and oils with.  Repurposing may be the answer!   

2 comments:

  1. Ok. I totally love it! I'm thinking that the bench is from your front room, yes? And the oils too (which I absolutely loved where you had them) What are you going to replace them with? I'm losing sleep here. But, I so love the finished project for sure!! And are those the cute little metal clips we got at Hobby Lobby when you were here? Again, Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is an amazing project! I absolutely love it! You never cease to amaze me at the incredible things you create! WOW - again!

    ReplyDelete