Monday, November 22, 2010

Quick fix for hall...

This weekend the family and I were re-watching the Harry Potter movies 
in preparation to see the latest installment at the box office.  Yes we are Harry Potter nerds/fans in this household...when I remembered that I have a bunch of old keys that I purchased off eBay years ago.  I try to be patient with blank spaces but it's a challenge for me.  Especially when this space used to be the perfect spot for my landscape oils.  So I placed the keys in a random pattern around a small wire bird cage w/nest and a corbel shelf that I also painted with the same crappy old paint that I used on the last project. To top it off, I hung a small tray that I brought back from Italy.  The goal for me is to use the things that I already have.  I've always liked these things but over the years found other things that I thought worked better in their place, so they found a new home in the garage.  I'm really glad I've held on to these things, because it's helped me keep my goal of not buying more STUFF!  Stuff that inevitably ends up in the garage.  And yes my jar of Christmas pennies is growing (thanks for asking) which is a good thing because just in case you haven't noticed... this economy really stinks!


The hall has no natural light so it's hard to see the details.  But over all I like how it turned out.  I'd like to give a special thank you  to Mother Nature for the beautiful nest and  also Harry Potter for the inspiration to begin with...I love you Harry Potter!
P.S We loved the movie...nothing but cinematic eye candy...Harry you never disappoint!


No comments:

Post a Comment